Meanderings of the Ouroboros

Just a little space to stop in for a moment, breathe deeply, and replenish myself. Maybe vent or wig out a little, too. Nada más un pequeño paradero para poder respirar profundo y revitalizarme. Quizás para también dejarme ir un poco. I don't know what mood I will be in when I log on to this site, but I will always try to stay true to myself and to the great spirit.

Mi foto
Nombre: Alex
  • Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Bienvenu! Wilkommen!

miércoles, abril 25, 2007

I'll be damned

So people are actually reading this blog, as well as the joint one with Brian - someone commented here referring to something in the joint blog, so they're reading both. How very interesting. And yet, not surprising - I read Bridgett's blog all the time. It's really cool to know the person you're reading about, recognize the people and places they're talking about, etc. , and definitely more interesting (for me, at least), than reading the blog of someone you don't know. It's also a way to get to know someone. But if I've said it once, I've said it a half dozen times - I never thought anyone would actually read it, aside from the occasional charity click. And I never thought anyone would click my blog. I don't think it's low self-esteem, although I guess it could be. No, it's really that I just don't think any of my entries are all that interesting, and they're certainly not regular. Lastly, it's not set up to be viewed on the web. Hmmmm.

The commenter in this case posted anonymously, which I also found interesting. I remember a psych professor who said she didn't respect anonymity. I tend to write my name on things; if I don't feel comfortable owning what I'm saying, I don't usually say it. But I vote anonymously. And although I wrote my name on many class evaluations, I also did turn in a significant percentage without my name... I suppose one could have a number of reasons to pass on identifying oneself. I could change the settings to not allow anonymous postings, but why? It's not about me or my choice, so I'd rather just let people make their own choice, as they please and for whatever reasons they may have. Hmmm. Interesting.





Web Tracking
Dell Laptops