Meanderings of the Ouroboros

Just a little space to stop in for a moment, breathe deeply, and replenish myself. Maybe vent or wig out a little, too. Nada más un pequeño paradero para poder respirar profundo y revitalizarme. Quizás para también dejarme ir un poco. I don't know what mood I will be in when I log on to this site, but I will always try to stay true to myself and to the great spirit.

Mi foto
Nombre: Alex
  • Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Bienvenu! Wilkommen!

jueves, junio 15, 2006

What is love?

What is it? Over the years, this has meant a number of things for me. After being on this earth for a little while, I've come to think that it's the combination of living each present pearl of a moment with a person while never forgetting the whole necklace of pearls that you are stringing, one moment at a time. I don't think it can really be love without a vision of the future, or at least a sense of a potential future.

It's also easier after gaining some experience to define what love is not. It is not self-focused. It is not action that stems from jealousy and insecurity.

That's not to say that even strong feelings can't be challenged, because they can, in one way or another. But they succeed by deciding to stick around and work through the situation. I think half the battle is won simply by not walking away. The rest of it by sharing the burden.

May I be blessed by Brian's continued presence in my life, as a romantic partner, not just as a friend.





Web Tracking
Dell Laptops