Meanderings of the Ouroboros

Just a little space to stop in for a moment, breathe deeply, and replenish myself. Maybe vent or wig out a little, too. Nada más un pequeño paradero para poder respirar profundo y revitalizarme. Quizás para también dejarme ir un poco. I don't know what mood I will be in when I log on to this site, but I will always try to stay true to myself and to the great spirit.

Mi foto
Nombre: Alex
  • Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Bienvenu! Wilkommen!

lunes, febrero 05, 2007

Worked out today

So, today's workout was good. First of all, I actually made it to the gym. Secondly, I did what I like to do, at my own pace. I walked around a bit, stretched, and then did 20 minutes on the ellyptical. That's the first time in a long time that I've been able to do 20 mins on it - basically, I just said, I'm not getting off until 20 minutes are done, and then did it at a pace that I could keep up. I cooled down a bit, too, by walking and stretching again, but only for 3-4 minutes because my friend Ed was waiting as he had finished before me (I did get to the gym a bit late). All in all, my workout was about 45 minutes.

I feel good that I went. I feel good that, while I was there, I did my own thing - there were people moving faster, there were people moving slower, but I just did my own thing. I felt like I was cleaning up my house, continuing with the messy house/messy body analogy. I had more mess to clean up than I might have, because yesterday at the superbowl party we went to there was way too much to eat...

BTW, I was going for the underdog. Story of my life. Oh, well.

As far as things that are on my mind right now:
  • I am worried that a friend of my fiancé's and I are not going to get along in the long run. It's still not clear and I'm hoping and working for the best, but there have been a couple of misfires already. She's really important to him, along with her husband and the rest of the group of friends, so I want to do absolutely everything I can but sometimes these things just don't work. We don't have to be best of friends; as long as we can be around each other in such a way that doesn't interfere with the men's relationship, that would be fine with me. Of course, if we could be best of friends, too, that would be great but who knows. I really hope we can come to an understanding.
  • I need to step it up at work. I was totally burned out a year ago when I switched to this new job but I've had time to recover and learn the ropes so it's time to get busy. Well, I'm already busy and I think my boss is fine with things, but busy to my standards, which are higher than what I've been performing at. I guess what I'm saying is I know I can do more, I know I can do better. I cut myself some slack because of the exhaustion but it's time to get back in to the full swing of things, up to the point of interfering with my personal life, because I never want to go back to that.
  • I hope wedding planning doesn't get too stressful or strain our relationship. It shouldn't but it might as the date gets closer and that worries me.
Maybe some others but those are the majore ones.





Web Tracking
Dell Laptops